Happy July Everyone!
In June, we have had between 25 and 65 youth each day from all across the United States on site at Lexington Gardens showing love to the families through art projects, painting fence projects, reading and literacy, Bible stories and exercise during Vacation Bible School. We will continue VBS through the month of July. Lots of celebrations coming up. Here is the scoop and upcoming calendar of activities if you can join us. Not only is July a patriotic month it also happens to be National Picnic Month (which we are taking seriously – who wants to come and do some live music?) and, lucky for all of us, it’s National Ice Cream month (who will help us make good on that?). Two gallons of ice cream will make a lot of kids really happy!
It also happens to be the month when our Executive Director (Alan) turns 50 years young! So, as you can see there’s lots to celebrate. All activities are weather permitting. If in doubt, email at email@example.com
- Monday, July 4, 9am – 1pm: Games and activities for the kids beginning at 9am. Community “Celebrate Freedom” lunch at noon!
- Tuesday, July 5 at 5:30 pm: Picnic in the common area at LG
- Thursday, July 7 at 5:30 pm: Picnic in the common area at LG
- Saturday, July 9, 9am – 1pm: Carnival, Community Garden and project work day with food, music and fun. Come rub elbows and get to know some of the kids and residents of Lexington Gardens. Englewood Baptist Church, from Jackson Tennessee, will be on hand creating fun for the kids and keeping all of us cool. Let us know if you can join us for this day to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursdays, July 14, 21 and 28 at 5:30 PM: Picnic in the common area of LG
- Sunday, July 31 from 5pm – 7pm: Back to School Bash with our friends from Grace Community Church. (Long Hollow will have backpacks for the LG kids!) Come by and say “Happy 50th Birthday” to Alan!
Pray for our staff, board members and a few people that have expressed an interest in attending a Memphis training on serving families in poverty through education and faith at Advance Memphis. Project Connect Nashville begins an even deeper connection in relationship this August and we’ll send out a special announcement about that soon. Wanting to get involved? Check out our “get connected” page or contact Michelle.
Read other stories on our “news” page.